Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
As the Atlassian Expert, you will own the administration and support of JIRA and Confluence to meet the needs of our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for requirements gathering, implementing business process workflows in JIRA and Confluence, and promote best practices while advising teams on how to get the most out of the Atlassian tool suite.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work with Atlassian Developers, Experts and world class clients
- Develop custom plugins
- Develop your consulting and client facing skills
- Train others on best use of JIRA and confluence and act as an expert resource
- Consult and educate on adoption and usage of the product, including changing work methodology
- Create, administrate and modify product as needed
- Gather requirements from customers to recommend best practice configuration and setup of confluence such as:
- Information architecture (Best use of space/pages given the customer’s goals and requirements)
- Which templates to use and how; Recommend and update templates based on customer needs
- Create best practice material based on typical type of customer needs.
- Determine and recommend customer processes for use of Confluence and JIRA
WHO YOU ARE:
- BS degree in engineering and at least 5 years of experience in the area of systems engineering, integration, and test
- Two Atlassian certifications or demonstrable experience to pass the exams
- Four or more years experience working with Linux, J2EE applications, databases/SQL, web applications, SOA/web services and mobile platforms
- Four or more years experience architecting, installing, configuring, and customizing Atlassian tools
- Three or more years experience with Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Three or more years of experience developing custom plugins and integrations with Jira
- Three or more years of experience with Git
- Strong Knowledge of Atlassian Cloud, Atlassian server and Data Center versions
- Demonstrable experience with doing cloud and server migrations, as well as competitor migrations to the three different Atlassian platforms
- Familiar with Agile principles and terminology, SAFe 3.0 or above experience a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
- Ability to clearly write technical documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the organization
- Good leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to quickly learn and communicate the value of new technologies to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Occasional travel required
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.