Appnovation, a worldwide leader and a growing international digital consulting firm, is currently searching for an In House Legal Counsel to join and form our legal department. This is a newly created position and will be our first in-house counsel for Appnovation. In this role, you will provide management across the organization with effective and innovative legal advice on company strategies and their implementation, manage the legal and compliances functions, and coordinates with our external counsel. The In House Counsel also provides legal guidance on general corporate matters as they arise, including but not limited to capital structure, acquisitions and financing, employment, real estate and litigation.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide timely, proactive and solution-oriented legal advice to all business units.
- Draft, review and provide legal advice in relation to certain of the Company’s Advisor contracts.
- Review and participate in the negotiation of client MSA and SOW agreements with third parties, including supplier contracts, clients, consultant contracts and premises leases.
- Participate in the definition, development and drafting of corporate policies, procedures and programs to support the business units.
- Research international securities legislation where required.
- Understanding & compliance with securities rules and regulations.
- Recommend risk management methods.
- Lead corporate activities relating to any legal actions involving the Corporate Group.
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of corporate documents, filings and registrations and the corporate records books of all entities in the Corporate Group.
- Support on matters related to corporate transactions and governance.
- Manages and develops all legal-related corporate policies, procedures, programs and contractual frameworks to support the Canada and other international operations of the business.
- Serves as key lawyer and legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, financing, investments and partnerships.
- Works closely and collaborates with all functions throughout the company on business and product initiatives to ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Oversees matters related to intellectual property protection and compliance, including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets and open source software.
- Company shares & options administration & governance.
- Manage company compliance programs related to various global legislations.
WHO YOU ARE
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent)
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 10 years of experience in corporate law from a top-tier firm and/or Information Technologies.
- Ability to advise all types and levels of business, legal and technology clients effectively.
- Superior interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and an established record of providing proactive, business friendly advice.
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter; comfortable learning new legal areas and skills
- Excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent work ethic and collaborative skills.
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Experience in a legal environment in corporate/commercial law and as an in-house lawyer in the consultant, digital, and tech firms.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment or previous experience working in medium to large size corporation.
- Experience in enterprise software and SaaS, solid technology skills/ability to understand technical and product companies.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.