We’re looking for a talent that can handle both experience and marketing. A writer that’s as passionate about user journeys and delightful experiences as much as they love a great headline and hook that converts sales. At Appnovation, the UX Writer / Copywriter will be the responsible for contributing to content strategy, crafting brand stories and interpreting tone of voice and structure. They will maintain the sharp and relevant production of our work and make sure our talent does not go to waste. As a user experience writer, you’re an advocate for a good story and good design, working to shape product experiences by writing meaningful copy that aids users to complete their tasks. You work with people in a variety of roles including UX/UI/VI designers, product managers, marketing and customer operations, and IT. Collaborating with each, you write to a cohesive and unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices. You provide user experience recommendations that include the right words based on real research with real people.
You will develop original ideas to help our clients with marketing campaigns and digital media as well as occasionally support internal marketing needs such as whitepapers, social media, and our website.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Contribute to digital experiences that use guided storytelling to achieve results
- Craft and extend brand voice into digital experiences
- Work as an integral part of a creative team that features experience and visual designers, content strategists and motion design.
WHO YOU ARE
- A writer with 3-5 years digital experience working on a range of brands
- Someone that understands that writing is a fundamental part of the design process – not a separate element
- A passionate advocate for users that translates your writing skill into compelling experiences for web, apps, voice, chatbots and on, and on.
- A storyteller that understands that writing is more than an integral part of the design process, it is in and of itself design that ensures the forefront of the user experience
SKILLS YOU HAVE
- An understanding of UX practices
- An ability to fight for the user and for what’s right based on facts, data and research
- Writing for any format, be it websites, apps, digital advertising, content ideation and creation, blog posts, social posts, whitepapers, proposal and business development support, etc.
- Some copyediting and substantive editing
- An unparalleled sense of tone and the ability to switch brand voices as you move from one assignment to another and back again
- Experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- Experience in highly regulated client environments (like, healthcare, government, etc.)
- Comfort in ideation sessions, client workshops, brainstorms and collaboration
- Familiarity with design tools, like Sketch, Figma, etc.
- The ability to operate independently and embrace fuzzy roles