We are on a mission to provide all pets with the quality health care they need from veterinarians and their caretakers. We aim to do this by modernizing the veterinary tech stack throughout a pet patient’s lifecycle from patient identification to preventive care, medical care, and monitoring & lifestyle. Existing vet tools are frustratingly hard to use, lack key features, and look like they are from the 90s. Our vision for a next-generation cloud platform includes a comprehensive medical record management system with delightful client communication tools. Predictive analytics will unlock clinical efficiencies, equip veterinarians with relevant medical data, and inform pet owners of proactive, tailored insights into their pets’ health.
We just launched our MVP with veterinary clinic customers who love our product. We are looking to take our product to the next level, and design/ build a suite of creative, differentiated features in 2023.
Product Manager role
We are looking for a PM who is ready to take the next step in their career and drive the full design-development-iteration cycle across large swaths of the product. The ideal candidate is ready to take the reins on their career and build a product, team, and culture from the ground up. In 2023, you will work on creative challenges such as ways to optimize the capture/exposure of medical data to streamline the veterinary workflow and unlock the full impact of treatments, without dealing with the red tape and regulations that you would face in human medicine (e.g., HIPAA).
Job type: Full-time
- 3-6 years of experience as a PM, or 2-3 years of experience as a PM + prior experience as a management consultant or in a customer-facing role (e.g., marketing & sales or customer success)
- Has taken a product or feature through its full life cycle
- Prior work experience at an early-stage startup or startup division
Location: Prefer to co-work 2-3x/ week in Oakland/SF, but open to remote candidates as well
Tools: Figma, Miro, Jira or Linear/GitHub, Excel/Word/PowerPoint
Where you'll make an impact:
- Lead customer interviews & competitor/ market research to participate in executive meetings on product roadmap, including:
- Intelligent exam note completion (e.g., voice dictation, templates, auto-fill)
- Pet owner portal for 2-way client communications & record retrieval
- Inventory management with auto-updating supply order integration
- Clinic payment processing & pet care plan structuring
- Work with UX/UI designer to draft wireframes & product specs
- Drive sprint planning, QA, & daily standup with developers
- Lend help with marketing & sales, including monthly travel to veterinary conference to showcase the product to customers
You will be successful if you are:
- Customer-obsessed: Love stepping into the user journey & solving pain points for the end-users from their lens
- Action-oriented: Understand the urgency of time-to-market, knowing how to ruthlessly simplify scope, rigorously prioritize, and iterate rapidly with user feedback.
- Skilled communicator: Highly collaborative, clearly distill concepts and ideas in simple terms, tailor communication to various audiences, synthesize many sources of information
- Organized: Ruthlessly keeps track of user research, product ideas, and decisions, documenting for future PMs who join the team
- Autonomous: Highly autonomous and a versatile self-starter eager to take ownership of large features and grow with the company. Confident in your ability to execute projects from start to finish (user research, product design, spec communications, sprint execution, monetization, iteration).
- Adaptable: Can jump into any function that involves product (e.g., sales, customer success, marketing)
- Caring: A key contributor to inclusive and supportive company culture
- Mission-driven: Excited to create a modern product for vets and pet owners!
- Own significant equity in a high-growth startup
- Dream up several high-impact, massive product features from the ground up
- Driven and people-focused company culture where we are invested in your holistic personal growth and value having fun, respecting each other, and dreaming big
- Unlimited PTO (and actually being encouraged to take time-off!)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Venture-backed with many powerful supporters