AppLovin fuels the growth of many of the world's most popular mobile games and game studios. Since 2012, the company’s technologies have been instrumental in driving the explosive growth of games from its studio partners and its own studios. AppLovin makes those same technologies available to all game developers, resulting in a richer mobile game ecosystem and better games for people everywhere. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.‘s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer for AppLovin, you will be a key participant in enabling our users to discover great apps and games they’ll love. You’ll help build the foundation of our data engineering team, to help better understand what makes great games/apps and how to make it easy to discover via performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards and designing A/B experiments. If you are looking to make an impact, we’d love to meet you!
This is a great role if you are:
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. Want access to TONS of raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, 2+ years of experience building machine learning models for business applications, preferably for online recommendation, personalization, ads ranking
- MS/PhD Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science
- Experience with data modeling, neural networks, classification, clustering, stochastic optimization, times series forecasting
- Proficiency with Python, hands on experience with one of modern deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow/Keras/Pytorch
- Experience in ad tech is a big plus
- Experience with C++/Scala
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- 401k matching
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it