At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. Lion Studios by AppLovin works with mobile game developers to publish, market, and grow their businesses. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award, which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer for AppLovin, you will be a key participant in enabling our users to discover great apps and games they’ll love. You’ll help build the foundation of our data engineering team, to help better understand what makes great games/apps and how to make it easy to discover via performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards and designing A/B experiments. If you are looking to make an impact, we’d love to meet you!
This is a great role if you are:
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. Want access to TONS of raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- 3+ years of experience developing and optimizing machine learning models
- Experience in the following areas: machine learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning / neural networks, experimentation, optimization
- Practical experience and knowledge of applying machine learning algorithms and effectively choosing suitable models, e.g. regression, reinforcement learning, neural networks, ensemble models.
- Experience applying ML / AI techniques to search, learning-to-rank, and recommendation systems
- Conduct online A/B testing, interpret and understand algorithm performance
- Fluency in one or more backend languages (C++ / Java),
- Experience with TensorFlow and other common frameworks (Keras, Caffe, PyTorch)
- Strong proficiency in Python and ability to use Scala.
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- 401k matching
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it