Grow your career at AppLovin.
At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. Lion Studios by AppLovin works with mobile game developers to publish, market, and grow their businesses. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award, which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Staff Accountant to join our Palo Alto office. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fast paced, exciting work environment, with opportunities to work cross functionally across teams within the context of revenue recognition and our monthly close cycles.
This role is primarily Revenue/AR and month-end close focused, with potential to expand along with growing business needs.
As a part of Revenue/AR responsibilities you will:
- Drive world-wide Revenue/AR processes, including invoicing, cash receipts, collections, maintenance of customer records and answering internal & external inquiries in a timely basis.
- Work closely with the rest of the accounting and business organizations to improve processes and adapt to growing and changing business needs
- Interface with consolidation team to ensure inter-company revenue activities are accounted for appropriately and per standard policies
As a part of month-end close operations you will:
- Be responsible for month end close procedures including:
- Accuracy and completion of revenue figures for your respective functional areas
- Reconciliations of cash and other balance sheet accounts
- Preparation and posting of journal entries with supporting documentation
- Maintain detailed oversight over various revenue related balance sheet accounts, including prepaid customer balances and AR reserves
- Assist with quarterly audits
Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparation of post-close and ad hoc reports to support business needs
- Assistance with ad hoc projects
- Assistance with preparing various statements and statutory returns
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience; a mix of start-up and public company experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- NetSuite and SalesForce experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills, data analysis, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it