AppLovin empowers mobile game developers of all sizes to connect with billions of global users each month and get their games discovered. Founded in 2012, the company provides developers with the tools needed to monetize, publish, analyze, and grow their businesses—all in one place. The AppLovin marketing platform and analytics suite enable developers to acquire new users and improve profitability. Lion Studios, AppLovin’s independent media division, gives developers access to proven resources for publishing and promoting their apps. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com.
At AppLovin, we handle over 70 billion ad requests and 150 terabytes a day, across seven global data centers. We are looking for a Platform Engineer to help create and scale an architecture that allows us to manage and leverage large amounts of data effectively. If you are looking to make an impact, and if you are looking for a driven, fun team - we’d love to meet you!
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Have a desire to solve large, complex problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Java or Scala
- Have experience working with big data systems (Spark, SparkSQL, HDFS)
- In depth knowledge of NoSQL databases (Aerospike, Zookeeper) and SQL databases (Vertica, MySQL, Clickhouse)
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- 401k matching
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it