AppLovin is looking for a data privacy professional to join our Legal department to support our worldwide data privacy program and manage key advertising compliance work streams. The position reports to the Chief Legal Officer and is the first dedicated privacy hire. This will require excellent project management skills, the ability to collaborate across multiple functions, and the initiative to work alongside our global teams to help improve and sustain AppLovin’s data privacy compliance program. You should understand the technology of mobile app’s, mobile advertising, and the intersection of privacy law and that technology. You should be an enthusiastic team-player who knows your ‘privacy’ stuff, is proactive, and has a good sense of humor.
- Serve as the primary representative for all privacy inquiries, audits, and ongoing efforts.
- Be a cross-functional champion, leading continuous improvement for AppLovin’s privacy compliance program.
- Draft Policies, Standards, Guidelines and controls for the privacy program.
- Build, manage process and tools, and deliver data protection impact assessments, and track compliance with AppLovin’s data privacy and advertising obligations.
- Work across organizational teams to ensure that privacy and ad compliance are fully understood and implemented.
- Coordinate annual review of privacy-related certifications.
- Develop and deploy training that highlight legal obligations and best practices.
- Be flexible and willing to work on other Legal and compliance matters as needed.
- Develop and co-lead privacy and security breach incident response processes.
- BA/BS degree, Information Systems Management, JD Optional
- Deep knowledge of GDPR, ePrivacy directive, implementing privacy controls, U.S. app and advertising compliance obligations
- Privacy Certification (e.g., CIPP or CIPM)
- 7+ years of experience in data privacy, in particular EU data privacy, and preferably in an in-house technology setting
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work and coordinate with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible time off – work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let’s talk!