About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
Applied Intuition entered the Japan market in 2019. The company has rapidly grown and established strategic relationships with major Japanese automotive OEM customers. Based in Otemachi area, the Tokyo site consists of more than 20 employees who previously come from Google, Mobileye, Tier IV and other renowned companies.
About the role
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Deliver full-system features that span software and hardware that meet customer requirements
- Directly interact with the customers to identify the target use-cases, then manage the project to complete the integration
- Work cross-functionally with the product, software, mechanical and electrical teams to develop and deploy systems
- Develop a deep understanding of the entire system architecture and how the software and hardware components interact
- Design and bring up test rigs needed for end-to-end testing and validation of system performance
- Test and troubleshoot integration between various components to ensure reliability
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience in software integration or development
- An understanding of electronic systems and how how to setup and debug them
- Experience with developing or testing software applications
- Software development experience in Python or C/C++
- Familiarity with Linux development and Bash scripting
- Eagerness to resolve customer issues and coordinate between engineering teams
- English and Japanese language proficiency
Nice to have:
- Experience in the automotive industry and working with automotive technologies including CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Simulink, AUTOSAR, etc
- Experience interacting with customers to deliver projects that meet their requirements
- Experience developing software for large projects (CI/CD, release process, etc)
- Familiarity with developing software for embedded systems
Benefits and perks:
- Health insurance
- 401K Pension (確定拠出年金)
- Lunch and dinner allowance
- Fitness (600 USD) and learning stipends (1,000 USD) annually
- English language support
- Stock options
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.