About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer with expertise in machine learning for autonomous systems. You will directly contribute to machine learning approaches using rich data. You will work closely with specialists across high-performance computing, machine learning, and autonomous system development to identify needs and deliver new capabilities. At Applied Intuition, we encourage all engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Design and implement machine learning capabilities and workflows for analysis & augmentation of real-world data
- Design and implement distributed cloud GPU training approaches for deep learning model training and evaluation
- Build end-to-end machine learning pipelines and integrate them into core product workflows
- Collaborate with engineers across functions to solve complex data problems at scale
- Contribute to a team culture that values effective collaboration, technical perfection, and innovation
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience with building software components to address real-world machine learning challenges
- Experience with developing, running, and managing container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Experience with ML modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.), and model serving platforms (TorchServe, TensorFlow Serving, NVIDIA Triton inference server, etc.)
- Excellent debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A deep understanding of machine learning foundations and can develop technical solutions for new problems
Nice to have:
- Experience working with cloud data processing technologies (Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, Presto, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV or Gazebo
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.