Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are looking for a Transportation Engagement Manager to join our fast-growing Government/Federal Affairs team. You will drive business development, manage business operations, and identify new business opportunities in the transportation public-sector market. You will develop and execute business development strategies focused on the public-sector transportation, such as the USDOT, state DOTs, and associate transportation consultancies and prime contractors. You will find revenue opportunities with this sector, including federal discretionary grants, pilot programs, existing contracts, research, and small-business opportunities.
At Applied, you will:
- Develop, maintain, and build relationships with USDOT, state DOT, and relevant Congressional stakeholders, as well as partner with prime contractors
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline in CRM
- Capture new Research and Development business in alignment with Applied’s technical expertise and the Federal strategic roadmap
- This includes: tracking and planning Transportation-related relationships, managing customer relationships, visiting key actual and potential customers on a regular basis, understanding customer technical and functional requirements, and translating product requirements to the Engineering and Product teams
- Work closely with Applied’s external government affairs consultants and industry partners
- Coordinate, lead, and support proposal activities, including grant writing
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of USDOT, state DOT, federal government, and/or issue advocacy experience doing project management or contracting
- Familiarity with government grant-making process, including writing grant applications
- Expertise in surface transportation policy or related fields
- Ability to build consensus across cross-functional and global teams
- Ability to execute thoughtfully and efficiently, with a “no task is too big or too small” mindset to get the job done
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with experience running multiple projects and deadlines effectively
Nice to have:
- Public-sector business development experience in an automotive, transportation, or mobility company
- Engineering background, particularly related to automotive engineering or computer science
- Experience with the Google suite of tools (e.g., Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive)
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.