About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
About the role
(We are hiring for all levels of experience.)
We are looking for a Scenario Engineer who will drive the creation of simulation test scenarios used in Applied Intuition's suite of tools. In this technical and operational role, you will be responsible for developing relevant scenarios to add to our library, maintaining and curating existing scenario sets, and perfecting the application of advanced features and metrics within scenarios. This is a high visibility and collaborative role, where you will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Engineering, and Sales.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Design scenarios across a variety of operating domains showcasing the capabilities of Applied Intuition's simulation tools
- Define and implement safety and comfort performance requirements for scenarios
- Create data visualizations and reports for understanding AV performance and coverage
- Work closely with our product teams while using and providing feedback on core simulation functionality and usability
- Support customer teams in defining and building scenario libraries relevant for their specific operational design domain
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university
- Experience in scenario creation and simulation testing for autonomous vehicles
- Understanding of the safety verification and validation process for vehicle software
- Proven ability to be analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for developing comprehensive safety arguments for autonomous systems
Nice to have:
- Ability to code in a scripting language (e.g. Python) to automate workflows
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.