About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for bright engineers interested in designing elegant solutions to difficult problems in the autonomy and mobility space. Mechanical Simulation software engineers work across our suite of products, tackling a variety of full-stack, infrastructure, dynamics and graphics challenges. At Applied Intuition, we encourage engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, interact closely with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Interface with technical domain experts for changes to physics, parameters, or simulation results
- Run and interpret regression tests to inform effects of changes
- Refactor and optimize code for long-term maintainability and performance improvements
- Diagnose code that does not produce the desired results
- Determine documentation for design changes, port-mortems, and release notes
- Work closely with team members to educate and collaborate on the inner workings of VehicleSim Math Models
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 5 years of experience, or 7 years of equivalent experience
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Knowledge of Algorithm Analysis and Design Patterns
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with vehicle systems (powertrain, suspension, steering, brakes, chassis controls, etc.)
- Windows and Linux development
- Experience working with SVN, Python, and/or Lisp
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.