Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
As an DevOps engineer, you will be part of our product teams. Our product teams focus on building large scale distributed systems aiming to provide high quality services. You will focus on the technologies on the service operation and deployment onto instances with high scalability requirement.
Task of the role
- Work with team to ensure good service reliability, availability and stability.
- Develop service deployment and operation process
- Develop and maintain service monitoring and alert software stack
- Maintain runbook and related documents for service operation
- Develop tools for process automation
- Cowork with team member on capacity planning and service scaling
- Service Incidence management and troubleshooting
- May need to participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor degree or above in computer engineering/computer science or related fields
- Familiar with Linux system administration
- Familiar with Shell Script and at least 1 script language (e.g. Python)
- Hands-on experience in planning and deploying services on production
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies
- Knowledge of git
- Working knowledge of cloud computing
[Nice to have]
- 2+ years of work experience as a software/system engineer
- Experience in architecting, developing, or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments
- Experience in deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Experience in building and deploying automation and continuous integration systems
- Experience in operating a big data systems related to data access, collection, processing and storage
- Experience in operating and deploying online web services
- Experience in operating services on IaaS such as Amazon Web Services and Google Compute Engine
- Experience in Database management (e.g., Database System Setup, Backup & Restore, System Tuning)
- Security Knowledge such as setting up Firewall, proper security policy design, network attack defence
- Working knowledge of virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general