Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
AiDeal is one of our products, which presents discount offers to e-commerce site visitors at the most appropriate timing, personalized by technology to detect the visitor’s growing desire to buy. We do this by analyzing browser behaviour data (mouse-moving, scrolling, clicks, gestures) in real-time.
We welcome flexible working styles not only by adopting flextime system but also allowing remote working. Our technologies are based on AWS, Vue.js, GraphQL, Node.js and MongoDB and very open-minded to accepting new technologies. We are everyday tackling huge challenges like analyzing, machine-learning and visualizing online traffics of more than 1 billion page views per month.
About the role
As a DevOps/QA Engineer, you will be involved in ensuring continuously delivery to provide high quality services. You will be in our product team where QA is not just a manual tester. You will work on automation for service operation and testing. You will work with other engineers to deployment onto instances with high scalability requirement and testing plans for various types of systems including large traffic distributed system, machine learning algorithm, big data platform, frontend system and etc.
You will work at Appier in Taipei, Taiwan and co-work with Appier Japan team members in Tokyo, Japan.
Task of the role
- Create and maintain CI/CD workflow
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Ease software development and deployment of our product
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alert system
- Conduct infra, middleware and package upgrades
- Develop and apply testing processes
- Plan, estimate, prioritize and execute tests
- Assure quality, performance and security for our products
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to build application and services on Linux-based systems
- Experience in deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes)
- Experience in CircleCi, TravisCI, Jenkins or other CI/CD integration tools
- Experience in AWS, GCP, Azure or other cloud computing services
- Experience in deploying services on production
- Experience in automated testing tools
- Familiarity with software development process
- Familiarity with software testing process
- Familiarity with Git / BitBucket / GitHub
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
[Nice to have]
- Experience in AngularJS, React, Vue.js or other frontend frameworks
- Experience in developing Android or iOS development
- Experience in using or administrating MongoDB
- Experienced in kafka, kafka-connect.
- Experience in AWS
- Coding skills of HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic knowledge of machine learning
Why join us?
- We are international and we communicate in English.
- We welcome flexible working styles not only by adopting flextime system but also allowing remote working.
- Our technologies are based on AWS, Vue.js, GraphQL, Node.js and MongoDB and very open-minded to accepting new technologies.
- We are everyday tackling huge challenges like analyzing, machine-learning and visualizing online traffics of more than 1 billion page views per month.
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general