Senior Software Engineer
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As an observability-focused Software Engineer at Appian you will help manage our existing metrics and alerting platform and build its next generation while tackling our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
- BE/B.Tech / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software business in a mature SDLC.
- Design and programming experience in any modern object oriented programming language (e.g., Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- Experience with at least one linux scripting language (e.g. bash/shell, perl, etc.)
- You’re passionate about observability and cloud services
- Experience with RDBMS database technology (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, learn and execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- You’re passionate about identifying and building new platform, tools and technologies to solve complex observability problems
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough problems
- You have familiarity with Kubernetes, AWS or similar Cloud providers
- You have familiarity with networking and information security in the cloud (e.g. VPN, compliance, etc.)
- Imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products and experiences
- Excellent spoken and written communication with both technical and non-technical people.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering and IT in a small scrum team.
- Leverage a diverse array of tools including S3, AWS Athena, MySQL rsyslog, and Fluentd.
- Assist with metrics platform issue investigations and remediation
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Partner with our solution engineering team and other departments to build applications of enterprise scale, including but not limited to data analytics, observability systems, infrastructure as code, etc.
Preferred Experience Level:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, building and delivering software applications.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.