User Experience Designer
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
UX Designers at Appian craft new features that allow our users to do their work more easily and efficiently. UXDs translate product requirements into wireframes and prototypes that define UI layouts, interactions, and flows. As members of Agile development teams, Designers work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers to rapidly build functional increments, test their effectiveness, and incorporate improvements.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Perform user research to understand the unmet needs of our customers and stakeholders
- Plan and execute usability testing for features and enhancements; analyze results and work with Product Managers to prioritize issues
- Create wireframes to facilitate rapid design iteration based on review and feedback
- Prototype new interfaces using Appian’s low-code UI design system
- Design pixel-perfect prototypes for web and mobile user interfaces that demonstrate the appearance and behavior of implemented features
- Work side-by-side with software engineers to ensure that features are delivered with the intended user experience
- Review the user experience of applications built by customers on Appian’s platform and provide recommendations for improvement
- Monitor web and mobile application innovations in both competing products and unrelated industries; use findings to inform new feature designs
- BE/B.Tech/Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field
- 3 - 5+ years of interaction design experience, prototyping, and wireframing skills
- 3 - 5+ years of experience working with software development teams and stakeholders on design implementations
- Candidate must possess a strong portfolio with samples showcasing their expertise in interaction, creativity and depth of thought
- Demonstrated understanding of Enterprise software delivery and Agile development
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.