The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
As a Senior Federal Sales Engineer, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. This will include designing high quality technical Proof of Concepts, presenting technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a wide variety of business and technical audiences, and assisting in the production of RFPs and other proposals to Federal clients. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide across target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives. You will rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. You will also represent Appian’s product at field events (conferences, summits, seminars, etc.) and assist with the radiation strategy within target accounts.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Experience working in an enterprise software sales position (Business Process Management Platforms, Low Code Platforms, or Application Development Platform experience preferred)
- Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; experience with customer interaction, requirements analysis, and presentations
- Familiarity with production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions, guild participation, or free online training, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Hear more from an Account Executive herself on how Appian is the most inclusive sales environment she’s ever worked in here.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 8+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 8+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios
- Willingness to travel 10% to customer locations throughout the assigned region
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.