Appian is seeking a Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our global Engineering teams, reporting to the Chief People Officer. In this role, you’ll be at the heart of our business and play a leadership role in guiding the future of our tech workforce. You’ll be a proactive senior-level consultant and adviser to the SVP, Engineering & Head of Product on all talent issues - including: leading performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning and more. You will also have 1+ direct report to manage.
Our HRBPs are intertwined in understanding the buzz of the organization, while also being able to take a strategic view of where we need to be with our talent and how to get there. Specifically, you can expect to get involved in day-to-day issues, such as: employee relations, compensation and promotion decisions, and driving the agenda for longer-range talent priorities. Our Engineering Teams are based in McLean, Virginia; along with Berlin, Germany; Seville, Spain; and Chennai, India.
*Targeting candidates in the DMV area who are comfortable coming into the office on a flexible, hybrid schedule (2+ days a week).
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Drive strategies to develop, engage and retain a diverse, top-tier talent group
- Understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions and to monitor the pulse of employees
- Own the delivery of employee communications and programs to Engineering
- Lead the preparation for and facilitation of all People programs within Engineering, including the employee-run Talent Management Council
- Partner with regional HR leaders and other People Team groups including Learning, Compensation and Recruiting
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling/re-alignment.
- To manage 1+ member of the HRBP function. Set goals, develop, learn, partner, and help grow this person.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 6+ years of experience in a People/Talent field, including: roles that involve learning and development, employee relations, recruiting or HR management
- Experience managing/mentoring
- Prior work in a tech environment preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or another related fie
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change in the world.