Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
This position is for you: If you have experience with and a passion for Software Performance & Reliability, with a good understanding of SRE Practices, Observability and Incident Management.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
What you'll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level.
- Prioritize what we should build and optimize to improve the overall performance of our platform.
- Participate in quarterly release presentations to share new ideas and to receive feedback on new features.
- Support the adoption of processes, tools and enhancements that enable DevOps, SRE, and Observability practices for the business.
- Construct detailed feature specifications outlining feature purpose, desired outcomes, and business impact.
- Define key milestones and drive incremental delivery using Agile principles and techniques. (Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Standup, Sprint Review).
- Align with Strategic, Technical, and Development leads to define feature functionality and performance expectations.
- Promote features and practices that strengthen and enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- You understand the value of open-source observability technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry and Jaeger.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- You understand the benefits of Cloud Native solutions leveraging Kubernetes orchestration.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences.
- Most importantly, passionate about software performance, reliability and observability!
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level:
- 4+ years of overall experience, preferably 3+ years in a Product Manager role.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.