Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Software Engineer in our Resilient Services Group, you will develop new and expand existing backend & Kubernetes based services or products. Our services not only power the Appian platform, but they also unlock other feature teams’ ability to leverage modern microservice, containerization, and orchestration technologies.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience designing and building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Passion for working in a modern and collaborative environment, supporting cloud native technologies
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, and Kafka to design and build new features and services
- Valuing innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering Indie Time (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), dedicated learning time, or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing
- A large engineering team where you are empowered to be autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers and leaders to have a sense of community and accomplishment
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Golang, or Python
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- Proficiency with the Kubernetes Operator pattern
- Familiarity with monitoring and performance tools like Prometheus
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.