Appian is the unified platform for change. We accelerate customers’ businesses by discovering, designing, and automating their most important processes. The Appian Low-Code Platform combines the key capabilities needed to get work done faster, Process Mining + Workflow + Automation, in a unified low-code platform. Appian is open, enterprise-grade and trusted by industry leaders.
In the role of Senior Market Intelligence Analyst, you will manage aspects of Appian’s internal and external win-loss program to determine why Appian wins and loses opportunities. You’ll develop external marketing pieces that articulate Appian’s unique value proposition. You’ll fulfill ad hoc market and competitive research requests from executive management and other stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Conduct holistic research across competitors’ platform or solution capabilities, financials, marketing and GTM approaches, pricing and sales tactics.
- Develop profiles of competitors that include recommended positioning, strategies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Create and present quarterly competitive metrics based upon Salesforce data and interviews of Account Executives.
- Assist in managing an external win-loss program.
- Develop and deliver training to Sales and Partners on the market and competitors.
- Field inquiries from sales, marketing, product management and executive management.
- Conduct research on potential new products and markets, including market sizing, buyer needs, affinity with Appian’s business, etc.
- Summarize market events for senior management including competitor earnings, conferences, mergers and acquisitions and other market-related news.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software, in a marketing or sales role
- 2+ years of experience in competitive intelligence or market research
- Strong ability in Microsoft Excel or Tableau to analyze data, and create easy to understand visualizations of complex information.
- Some experience programming is required.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience managing a win-loss program is desirable.
- Proficiency with Google G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Tableau, and Salesforce Sales Cloud
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.