Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Summary: Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur. First level line management role. Responsible for HR management of a small number of Quality Engineers. Aids in attracting, retaining and growing Quality Engineering staff.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be the HR Manager for up to three Quality Engineers.
- Be responsible for training, coaching, continuous performance feedback and career guidance.
- Continually test knowledge of areas of responsibility and escalate needs, challenges, status, and successes of reporting employees.
- Involved in Quality Engineering recruiting process.
- Provide valuable requirements analysis feedback, ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Master test design techniques.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, Acceptance Testing, Functionality, Database, Connectivity and Regression Test Features across Appian’s database, search and integrations systems.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Strong skills in leading Incident postmortems and determining leaked defect root causes.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of all work products.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
Preferred Experience Level:
- 7+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer)
- Experience as a lead, mentor or manager strongly desired
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.