Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
Technical Delivery Managers (TDMs) are responsible for two of our most important company objectives: (1) ensure our customers achieve remarkable business results through technology engagements and (2) drive customer growth through technology expertise, trusted advice, relationships, and, most importantly, demonstrated results. TDMs manage and deliver innovative solutions built on the Appian platform for our customers, overseeing all aspects of agile delivery for Appian led engagements, including risk management and impediment removal. TDMs also team closely with front-line sales reps to drive growth in strategic accounts and integrated deals. TDMs engage in all aspects of driving results and growth at strategic accounts, including: project management, account management, relationship building (both customers and partners), financial management, opportunity qualification, problem identification, project/use case definition, demand generation, services positioning, and account strategy. All of these activities are performed in partnership with Appian Sales, Appian Partners, and other members of the Customer Success team, including Customer Success Managers (CSMs).
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience managing a book of business using financial management tools and metrics
- Experiencing leading agile delivery teams and managing enterprise scale technology programs , including collaborating with architects and product designers to design and deliver compelling solutions for customers
- Experience understanding customer’s strategic goals, positioning technology to meet their goals, developing application roadmaps with customers, and building compelling business cases to understand investments.
- Experience with one or more value selling methods and are exceptional at creating compelling business benefits that can be used in proposals and delivery
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships (stakeholder, buyer, influencer)
- Intellectual curiosity, bias for action, ability to thrive in ambiguity, excellent communication skills
- Recent delivery experience with State and Local government customers
- Familiarity with how State and Local government procures technology products and services
- Recent experience selling to and responding to State and Local government RPIs and RFPs
- Experience with software consulting (ideally in a ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI) and/or applied knowledge of enterprise architecture, including data management (Preferred)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation, or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, and business and it’s up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions and guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appian’s customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen.
- 5+ years of experience in an agile delivery environment with at least 1 year of experience leading a team
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Experience selling professional services work and delivering informaiton technology services within the U.S State and Local market.
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement