Senior DevOps Engineer (Data Pipelines)
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a member of the Mining Prep Team, you will be responsible for the DevOps/DataOps aspects of our Mining Prep product, which is used by our customers to build automated data pipelines and transformations in the cloud and on premise. You will ensure that these data pipelines and databases are available and maintained completely automatically without any human interaction. You will design concepts for scaling these data pipelines automatically. You will also develop monitoring frameworks to ensure continuous operation of the product and underlying databases and early detection of issues before they become bigger problems.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Develop scripts to automate everything, you live and breathe DevOps.
- Build and maintain configurations for Kubernetes, HELM charts, Terraform.
- Implement monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Research and evaluate technologies to adopt into our technology stack.
- Integrate your scripts and setups with our own low code automation platform (Appian loves dogfooding!).
- Bachelor in Computer Science or a related field.
- You are an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Automation is your principle. You strive to automate all deployment tasks.
- You are well versed in Unix operating systems and have deep experience with scripting. languages such as bash or python.
- You have expert level knowledge of Kubernetes and docker.
- You are familiar with higher level languages such as Java, C#, Kotlin, etc.
- Experience with or interest in Elixir and/or Rust is a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS is desired.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.