Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be working alongside other Product Managers on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritised product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Prioritise what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product strategy and making data-driven decisions
- Define how those features will work and look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users and customers. Be their advocate.
- Manage your team's backlog through planning and working with developers.
- Share ideas and receive feedback on new features through presentations to stakeholders and collaborators.
- Ensure successful delivery of features and participate in go-to-market activities (documentation, training, webinars, etc.).
- Follow your work through to customer impact by tracking adoption/usage, talking to customers and partners, prioritising bugs and enhancements, and recommending additional investments to meet the market.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritise, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments; comfortable working through ambiguity
- Strong communicator
- 2+ years of experience, ideally as a Product Owner or Product Manager for a Scrum team
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.