Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking a Principal Technical Consultant to join our Customer Success Public Sector team with a focus on supporting customers in the Intel and DoD space. In this role, you will become an expert on Appian’s Federal Acquisition solutions, contribute to developing and creating our acquisition focused offers and engage with our customers post-sales to implement solutions on the Appian platform. Team members in this role may not work exclusively in the Federal Acquisition space, but also may support other initiatives for our federal clients These applications help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibility will be to help lead projects and work throughout the entire project life-cycle to define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s low-code platform for our commercial clients. This includes working within an agile environment to understand our client’s business processes and technical needs, launch new relational data models in production, developing APIs to integrate with multiple systems, and leading/mentoring consultants through fast-paced software implementations. You will also collaborate with client’s technical teams and business users as needed throughout the entire software and development life cycle and drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Passion for mentoring/developing others and experience leading small teams through post-sale software implementation
- The ability to work with clients to define and adapt solutions to modernize and support Federal Acquisition processes and requirements
- Excellent communication skills, passion for technology and continuous learning, and affinity for asking “why” and solving the right problems
- Experience and familiarity implementing solutions related to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and/or Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- History of success on cross-functional teams; experience building products using agile methodologies (pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints)
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming, experience working with relational databases and database design/data modeling, and SQL skills (writing queries, joins, views, etc)
- Knowledge of software testing practices (test-driven development, automated test suites within a continuous integration framework); integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services; familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers (preferred)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation, or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, and business and it’s up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions and guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appian’s customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement
- Top Secret Clearance required at start
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.