At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software!
Not sure which job posting you want to apply amongst a sea of opportunities? Appian is all about optimization and automation, so we decided to create a job posting to make it simple for experienced engineers like you to apply! We will review your profile against our current openings and reach out when there is a match.
- You are an experienced software engineer with 2+ years of experience, who’s passionate about building and delivering software applications.
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough programming problems.
- You have no problem with OOP or functional programming and thrive when you are faced with solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems.
- You want to make an impact on the world through front, back or full stack development.
- You hold a BS degree in Computer Science or something similar and/or equivalent years of experience writing code.
About Our Engineering Team:
- We are technology-loving developers, designers, and product experts that bring our platform to life.
- We are open to remote, hybrid, and onsite working - Let's talk about what you need!
- We operate through strategic business units broken out into groups where each squad within could be between 5 or 20 employees.
- Our groups include: Appian Data, Cloud Native, Appian Experience, Designer Simplicity, Intelligent Automation, Modern Records, Engineering Services, and more!
- We value independent and collaborative learning and encourage everyone to participate in learning time, personal project time, and internal hackathons.
- We share the same understanding that work-life balance is a top priority.
- We are seeking the truth instead of reinforcing bias that makes us feel comfortable.
- We reward innovative thought and appreciate debate and others opinions.
Our Tech Stack:
Let’s be real... our main tech stack includes Java, Linux, and AWS. However, depending on the group or squad you could use a variety of other technologies more frequently. We believe that behind every great engineer there is the capability to learn new things. We are speaking to you C# and everything else engineers.
Technologies you could work with include:
- Java, Python, GoLang
- React, Accessibility/WCAG, React Native, Android/iOS
- AWS, Linux, Kubernetes/Docker
- MySQL/NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Flexible Leave/Unlimited PTO (Avg. Employee takes 4-4.5 Weeks!)
- Company Recharge Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Quarterly Awards Program
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- and More!
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.