Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Not sure which job posting you want to apply amongst a sea of opportunities? Appian is all about optimization and automation, so we decided to create a job posting to make it simple for experienced engineers like you to apply! We will review your profile against our current openings and reach out when there is a match.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Be an experienced software engineer with 2+ years of experience, who’s passionate about building and delivering software applications.
- Be a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough programming problems.
- Have no problem with OOP or functional programming and thrive when you are faced with solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems.
- Want to make an impact on the world through front, back or full stack development.
About Our Engineering Team:
- We are technology-loving developers, designers, and product experts that bring our platform to life.
- We are open to remote, hybrid, and onsite working - Let's talk about what you need!
- We operate through strategic business units broken out into groups where each squad within could be between 5 or 20 employees.
- Our groups include: Appian Data, Cloud Native, Appian Experience, Designer Simplicity, Intelligent Automation, Modern Records, Engineering Services, and more!
- We value independent and collaborative learning and encourage everyone to participate in learning time, personal project time, and internal hackathons.
- We share the same understanding that work-life balance is a top priority.
- We are seeking the truth instead of reinforcing bias that makes us feel comfortable.
- We reward innovative thought and appreciate debate and others opinions.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Dedicated Learning Time. Over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, and tuition reimbursement for external educational programs.
- Engineering IndieTime & annual hackathons. We value activities that get the creative juices flowing and inspire innovation.
- Immersion into our community. Our affinity groups are a great place to connect and grow.
- Hold a BS degree in Computer Science or something similar and/or equivalent years of experience writing code.
Our Tech Stack:
Let’s be real... our main tech stack includes Java, Linux, and AWS. However, depending on the group or squad you could use a variety of other technologies more frequently. We believe that behind every great engineer there is the capability to learn new things. We are speaking to you C# and everything else engineers.
Technologies you could work with include:
- Java, Python, GoLang
- React, Accessibility/WCAG, React Native, Android/iOS
- AWS, Linux, Kubernetes/Docker
- MySQL/NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Flexible Leave/Unlimited PTO (Avg. Employee takes 4-4.5 Weeks!)
- Company Recharge Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Quarterly Awards Program
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- and More!
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.