Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Building the infrastructure for the leading low-code platform requires agile, reliable, highly secure, highly scalable, and highly available systems. Documentation can make our product seem harder than it is, or make the hard parts seem easy. As a Senior Information Developer supporting the Cloud Native group, your mission is to learn the behavior of new features for our platform infrastructure, and create documentation geared toward both our Cloud and self-managed customers that explains how to use and administer the platform, along with the best practices for doing so. We have a lot of reverence for our documentation, and you’ll work with an enthusiastic conglomerate of writers and product managers who are passionate about the product being documented in a way that makes it as accessible and successful as possible. You will contribute exemplary content, and help shape and steer our content vision and strategy.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Produce high-quality documentation that supports our users and our product strategy.
- Ensure fulfillment of our content strategy through articulate reviews, examples, and guided revision.
- Collaborate with product managers to determine the best strategy for documenting the evolving product landscape.
- Contributes to defining the overall structure of the documentation site, including its information architecture and methods of content reuse.
- Look for opportunities to explore and experiment with novel documentation technologies and styles.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- 5+ years of writing and delivering compelling, technical documentation for platform infrastructure services, with 2+ years in a senior or lead role.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Professional and Technical Writing (or related field/degree)
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.