Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking an Information Security Analyst to help ensure a strong security controls program. This person will work in a dynamic information security team and be exposed to modern cloud technologies and a variety of security frameworks. You will be assisting the Appian information security department in continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian operations and service offerings as it relates to Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) and will analyze international security concerns and industry regulations in order to drive Appian's GRC program.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- To maintain security controls and operations in accordance with industry standards (e.g. NIST RMF, SSAE 16/SOC, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, etc.)
- To conduct continuous monitoring activities, including monitoring for continued compliance with internal security controls, policies, regulations, and laws
- To assist with internal and external security reviews, audits, and control evaluations
- To assist security incident response and investigation processes
- To have a knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and layer security responsibilities
- To have a demonstrated experience of presenting information security concepts and risks to management level personnel of varying technical backgrounds
- To be passionate about staying up to date on current security risks and trends
- To have excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work independently with minimal supervision
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study with IT/security audit experience or Master’s degree
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.