Appian’s Information Technology department is responsible for a wide variety of areas, and engineers that are eager to be involved in many different areas of hands-on responsibility are required. As a Senior IT Systems Administrator, you’ll also collaborate with infrastructure technology peers and handle business solutions for the company’s network infrastructure. The perfect candidate would have a track record of using a diverse set of technologies to achieve business goals.
- Administer systems and applications software and platforms including, but not limited to e-mail, collaboration, project management, identity and access management (IAM), and end-point management.
- Plan and lead projects related to the review and selection of various systems and applications software
- Leverage cloud technologies (AWS) among other new technologies to provide guidance and help find creative solutions to complex problems
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems across our diverse enterprise systems, from the physical layer to the application layer
- Utilize best practices based on various frameworks (e.g. ITIL, ISO, SOC, PCI) and support internal and external audit activities
- Develop, extend, and maintain Jira workflows as well as Jira reports using native abilities and plugins
- Manage internal and external accounts, access controls, security, and optimization of the system
- Monitor Jira plugin ecosystem to ensure Appian is taking advantage of those that can provide the best value
- Configure and manage integrations with the system
- Meet with and understand stakeholders in order to improve Jira to meet their needs
- Leverage advanced knowledge of JQL and create metrics dashboards for leadership
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams
- You’ll use the know-how and discerning standards you’ve racked up over years of experience to recommend emerging technologies to keep our network modern and innovative
- Collaborate with team of fellow tech gurus and play an integral part of network and systems design, architecture and administration
- Advanced knowledge and experience administering global enterprise systems and applications
- Solid experience configuring, maintaining and upgrading Atlassian Jira Server
- Advanced knowledge of Jira administration including Jira workflows, project workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, and custom fields
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS, running scripts and automation for Jira plugins
- Knowledge and experience with Jira cloud migration
- You’re well educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- You see all the angles and use this unique vantage point to come at a problem from a direction it would never expect
- You’re always thinking ahead, forecasting potential problems and following developing technological trends
- Previous experience in a Service Desk role is a plus
- Intermediate or higher level network administration experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using plugins such as: Zephyr, JSU Automation, Jira GitHub Issue Importer, Asana Importer and Exporter is a plus
- 3+ years of experience administering Jira Server preferred
- Jira Server related certification(s) preferred
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud and mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers and unites enterprise data, connects users through social and collaborative engagement in the context of business data, and provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development and optimization in every industry.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.