In this cross-functional role, you will report directly to the Deal Desk Leader of Appian. An effective Deal Desk Manager uses a mix of critical thinking, creativity, and excellent communication and relationship building skills. Success in this position requires you to be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Support Sales team in negotiation of contract structure and pricing in compliance with Appian's internal policies while maximising value to the customer and Appian
- Guide optimal use of quote and opportunity management tools to accelerate sales cycles and drive collection of actionable business data
- Facilitate alignment and communication between Appian’s Sales Teams, and internal stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Product teams, and external customers/partners to promptly resolve business/issues and foster productive interactions
- Validate all aspects of agreement packages for accuracy and compliance with Appian’s business practices and approvals process, and maintain responsiveness
- Cultivate best practices through analyses, projects and reporting contributing to the continued growth of Appian’s Sales team and Deal Desk
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples and engage in regular training sessions with Sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, sales, or a business-related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related role (Deal Desk, Sales Operations, and/or Finance/Pricing experience preferred)
- Negotiation experience and competence. Ability to work to understand the interests behind positions and get past objections to workable solutions
- Experience using CRM and CPQ systems. Working knowledge of contracts and accounting. Experience with software contracts and revenue recognition policies
- Experience in GSA, FAR and DFAR acquisition is a plus
- Inclined to take action and work independently, although support is there when you need it. Driven to complete tasks through to impact.
- Ownership mentality. Possess the character to act with integrity for the best interests of the entire organisation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Detail oriented; must be organised and able to stay on top of fast-moving information and tasks
- Process focused by nature; you like order and having things documented for easy reference
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.