At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent - encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Appian is seeking an analytical and research-oriented professional with great communication skills to lead our analyst relations team in our marketing organization in the role of Director, Analyst Relations. This person will lead direct and cross-functional teams by working with subject matter experts at many different levels of the organization: executives, product strategy, product management, engineering, finance, partner, legal, sales, and marketing teams. You will define strategies and oversee interactions with people in Appian to build and nurture strong internal relationships that will be leveraged to engage with leading analyst firms, participate in vendor evaluations/RFIs, brief analysts about Appian’s product offerings & go-to-market strategies, and work with the influencers to elevate Appian’s story.
The Director, Analyst Relations candidate should have 10+ years of prior experience working in the enterprise software market with management experience and a strong understanding of technology, and specifically aPaaS, Case Management, BPM, Intelligent Automation, Customer Engagement and Low-code Development Platforms, and a strong background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This candidate must enjoy growing and nurturing relationships and influencing analysts on Appian market strengths and differentiators.
- Oversee strategy and execution of all Analyst Relations activity and team members.
- Develop, manage and execute the Analyst Relations plan and objectives across markets that Appian participates in.
- Evangelize the most influential industry analysts who work with existing or prospective Appian customers.
- Influence analyst research on Appian, its competitors, and the markets in which Appian competes.
- Own Appian’s participation in competitive evaluations such as Magic Quadrants, Waves, Market Guides, etc., in coordination with key stakeholders to improve Appian’s ranking in these influential reports.
- Monitor the market landscape and strategic developments in coordination with the market intelligence team.
- Coordinate and deliver briefings and demos to influential analysts.
- Work closely with Appian executives to brief the analyst community as well as gain insights from the community.
- Report on the overall performance of Analyst Relations programs to executives.
- 10+ years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area such as: analyst relations, market research, competitive intelligence, sales engineering, consulting, product management, communications, or strategy roles in the enterprise software industry.
- 5+ years experience directly managing a team in relevant areas in the enterprise software industry.
- Ability to understand technical concepts around the Appian platform, through direct evaluation of Appian’s product offerings and architecture.
- Experience in establishing relationships, including proactive outreach and facilitating contracts.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a strong background in written and oral communication.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% (post-pandemic) to meet in person with key global analysts and influencers, attending key events.
- BA/BS degree required.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.