At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for making initial contact with potential clients and educating them on the impact Appian can have on their organization, partnering with Account Executives and/or Partner Managers to create customized account plans and strategies to support sales cycles, and driving sales pipelines, new logos, and growth through high outbound activity.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities
- A driven self-starter with confidence and a “hustle” attitude
- Backed by a track record of success, meeting and exceeding activity metrics, and experienced partnering with internal teams and external clients in a sales environment
- You’re the captain of your team, president of your organization, the one the group looks to in times of need. A master balancing competitiveness with collaboration
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication. Hear more about growth from one of our Account Executives who started out as a BDR here
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more from one of our Regional Vice Presidents here about how our product has kept him with the company.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Hear more for an Account Executive herself on how Appian is the most inclusive sales environment she’s ever worked in
- Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field & relevant work ideally in the Software/SaaS space
- 1-2 years sales experience
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.