At Appian, our marketers have the opportunity to tell stories of impact and innovation across a multitude of industries. Being a marketer at Appian means working with cool tech. It means coming up with creative ways to stand above the noise, then making it happen. It means working with amazing customer brands at the forefront of digital. Software that has a real impact on companies and consumers? At Appian, it’s more than an empty promise. It’s what we do.
We are looking for someone passionate about software quality, testing emerging technologies and fostering vibrant developer communities. This Quality Assurance Specialist will help to support our Community experience, Appian Community Edition (our free tier version of the Appian platform), and our analyst-recognized and growing AppMarket. Check out community.appian.com to see this space.
Appian Community is the place for Appian developers and stakeholders to discuss, collaborate and support one another as they build enterprise grade applications on Appian’s low-code platform. Appian Community hosts the Appian AppMarket, which has custom extensions, tools, and pre-built business solutions for use on the Appian platform. As a quality assurance specialist, you will code review, test and ensure quality for new submissions to the Appian AppMarket. Additionally, you will help with quality assurance and testing of the software that supports the Community and Appian Community Edition experiences.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To enjoy reviewing, testing and ensuring quality of plug-ins and utilities submitted to the Appian AppMarket.
- A strong work ethic, working day-to-day with Software Developers and Application Developers to ensure they are building bug-free code.
- To test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: functional, systems integration, GUI, database, and regression.
- Creativity to build, maintain and improve manual and automated test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse.
- To be an active participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Interest and aptitude in writing and reviewing code.
- Preferably, experience developing plug-ins, experience with agile development (Jira), 1-3 years of hands-on Appian development experience.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, or otherwise demonstrated aptitude for technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, resolve problems, and meet deadlines.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.