Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Resilient Services Group, you will be helping transform our architecture and deployment experience, while leading the shift to Kubernetes Native applications. You will ensure that our world-class infrastructure makes it easy for feature teams to leverage microservices and containerization technologies.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To take advantage of the Kubernetes operator pattern to ensure the successful operation of Appian in our Appian Cloud environment as well as on our customer’s own infrastructure
- Experience designing and building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Passion in working in a modern, collaborative environment supporting cloud native technologies
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Memcache, Zookeeper, Terraform to design and build new infrastructure features
- Valuing innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing
- A large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers and leaders to have a sense of community and accomplishment
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Golang, or Java
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with monitoring and performance tools like Prometheus
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.