Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Do you like working at the heart of an operation where you're "in the flow and in the know" and central to keeping things running and growing? Appian is seeking a Programs Analyst who will be a manager for key engineering projects and cross-departmental initiatives led by Engineering executives. This includes designing new processes and systems, coordinating with other departmental executives and leaders and key milestones and joint tasks and providing program updates and success metrics. Succeeding in this position requires you to have strong initiative with great problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a commitment to keeping deadlines, and an ability to multitask. If you want a work environment in a software company where your ideas are welcome and contributions are recognized, this is the place for you!
This position reports to the SVP of Engineering and has no direct reports.
To be successful in this role, you are:
- Able to handle sensitive information by maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized but flexible
- Highly motivated and reliable
- Assertive, with a focus on having work done well, and ability to influence others to do the same
- Demonstrated self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous requirements
- Emotionally intelligent and collaborative
- Passionate about technology and continuous learning
- An excellent communicator; comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Project management for the SVP of Engineering and other departmental leaders
- Summarizing and synthesizing key decisions in writing and communicating them out to relevant stakeholders
- Performing analysis of data, both quantitative and qualitative, and advancing a recommendation about actions that should be taken to realize a change or improvement
- Project manage strategic projects to completion. Projects often have both a business and technical focus and require leveraging many people throughout Appian. Projects focus on making a positive impact on Appian that is measurable.
- Support processes to accommodate rapid growth of the company
- Maintain key documents, calendars and systems that keep the Engineering department running smoothly
- Take the lead in organizing and running departmental meetings and major events
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing.
- Appian has a large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers and leaders to have a sense of community and accomplishment.
- During your first few weeks of joining Appian, you will not only kick-off your experience with our on-boarding program, but you will also dive into our 2-day Engineering bootcamp.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the software or information technology industry preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.