An Appian Proposal Manager supports the worldwide sales organisation in the coordination, development, and delivery of responses to prospect or customer solicitation requests for proposals (or similar documents). Further, as a valued proposal-team member, you will provide guidance to the various Appian writing teams regarding persuasive writing and proposal best practices, contribute to the creation and management of boilerplate/reusable material, and assist in regular updates and maintenance of proposal collateral across internal content- and knowledge-management repositories.
As a successful Appian Proposal Manager, you will:
- Manage the development, production, and delivery of compliant, professional proposals within customer-defined timeframes. This includes:
- Reviewing customer solicitations and producing response templates, qualifications/requirements matrices, and additional required documents;
- Leading the development of and providing guidance around writing and response strategies, as well as proposal best practices and organisational standard operating procedures;
- Coordinating, reviewing, and editing of input from a variety of departmental stakeholders (e.g., sales, technical, implementation, legal);
- Leading and participating in content and compliance reviews while incorporating new information and updates; and
- Formatting and production/assembly of final responses.
- Participate in and lead proposal team strategy and continuing education initiatives.
- Create and maintain reusable content and collateral.
- Assist in the onboarding and mentoring of newer/junior team members.
- Spearhead additional content or strategic projects, as needed.
Individuals poised for success as an Appian Proposal Manager have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (writing intensive fields preferred).
- 3+ years of direct proposal development experience.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the proposal-management process.
- Self-motivated with the ability to balance priorities, meet deadlines, and collaborate across multiple departments within the organisation with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional writing, editing, document formatting, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency with Google Suite preferred.
- Additional language capabilities are preferred but not required.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.