EMEA TDM Role Description
As an Appian Technical Delivery Manager, I am accountable for the rapid and high quality delivery of successful customer outcomes using the Appian platform. I build trustful and candid relationships with the people I work with to achieve this success and my effort is focused in three areas:
● Agree and define what a successful customer outcome looks like for each account and implementation, considering both the measurable client objectives and Appian’s mission, and then successfully deliver on that outcome, meeting expectations and contributing to increasing NRR.
● Driving a constant focus on production deployments and operational go-lives, through mitigation of risks and dependencies and regular, incremental releases and across multiple accounts
● Accountable for the solution design, delivery, quality and deployment and for effective delegation of team responsibilities
● Managing customer stakeholder expectations and keeping focus on the outcome, with clear, concise and regular communication, resulting in high customer satisfaction and fantastic feedback and sentiment
● Act and be recognised as a trusted advisor to senior customer stakeholders, building and maintaining key relationships
● Coach delivery teams to continually adhere to and improving Scrum delivery best practices, without lapsing, and educating client teams and stakeholders on the same
● Regular alignment with the customer on scope and deliverables to meet the project timelines, managing scope to avoid delays and elongation of delivery without production release increments
● Leveraging Appian product and resource expertise in providing optimal solutions to customers
● Working with delivery partners to define the best engagement model to achieve successful customer outcomes
● Own and maintain timely and accurate financial reporting and budget management for projects and resources
● Collaborating with Appian Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Product Support and other project delivery teams to ensure successful customer outcomes
Sales & Business Development
● Share successful customer stories to a wide internal audience
● Support the Sales organisation in closing new business and radiation within the EMEA region, understanding and contributing to bid and account strategy and goals, being responsive
● Understanding customers’ strategic and business plans and how Appian can add value
● Engage in sales activities such as scoping and sizing projects, responding and contributing to RfXs and bids, negotiating and managing the commercial aspects of proposals, preparing Statements of Work, advising on project approaches, and presentation of the Customer Success Services offerings
● Master the positioning of Customer Success Services, selling a team or a service - not an individual
● Maintaining data to support reporting pipeline and revenue forecasts as well as staffing projections and planning
● Master and promote the value proposition of the Appian platform
● Ensure a seamless transition from Sales to Customer Success through effective and collaborative working with the Sales organisation
● Demonstrate and promote the Appian culture, values and spirit, both internally and externally. Celebrate success, recognise achievements, innovate and create change.
● Provide effective servant leadership and inspiration to the wider team
● Contribute to the continuous improvement of the global Customer Success team through behaviours, processes and tooling
● Providing a duty of care, mentorship, feedback and career management to a team of consultants within a safe environment.
● Support direct reports (Principal Consultants, Senior Consultants, Consultants and Associate Consultants) in reaching their potential
● Assist with recruiting efforts for the region
● Contribute to Appian’s Customer Success EMEA Management team
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.