Appian is looking for a creative, dynamic, and driven individual to build and lead our internal readiness program for Customer Success. In this unique position you will define and implement a comprehensive learning and development strategy for our growing Customer Success organization. You will have a key role in advancing the development of knowledge and skills within the workforce, leading to robust learning journeys for internal teams, enhanced career mobility, and more skilled consultants and customer success managers.
To be successful in this position, you must be an independent self-starter and able to think big – pushing the boundaries of conventional practices on how to enable an internal workforce. You must also be a strong leader, able to manage a team of global instructors. In this small but growing team there are opportunities to excel through innovative thinking, collaboration, thoughtful implementation and continuous improvement.
The role reports to the Director, Education Services. It requires proven success in developing training programs and managing delivery teams, with demonstrated ability to accelerate growth through strong enablement programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Define the internal readiness strategy and implementation plan. Ensuring strategic alignment of the training program with business goals.
- Analyze business needs, prioritize program and content roadmaps, develop delivery programs. Define required curriculum, assessments, and training materials to meet those needs.
- Partner with the Education Product team, guide development of relevant training content, job support content, etc.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams, measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness and business impact of your learning programs, content, and knowledge transfer strategy. Perform regular “readouts” to business leadership on the impact of your programs.
- Manage and schedule a global team of instructors. Ensure career growth opportunities and retention.
- Optimize training processes for efficiency.
- Drive innovation and creative problem solving across the team for continuous enhancement of your programs.
- Knowledge of learning and development best practices
- Ability to develop and manage training program development and management
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to independently organize and prioritize work in an environment where cross-functional alignment is critical, deadlines are often tight and hours of work are flexible due to a global team.
- Demonstrated competence in Google Suite or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree in business, education, human resources or a related discipline
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.