Services Executives team with front-line sales reps to drive growth in strategic accounts and integrated deals. Services Executives play a critical role in strategic accounts and large opportunities where the sale requires a depth of knowledge, expertise, advisory acumen, credible experience, and trust. Services Executives are members of Customer Success (CS) that collaborate closely with our existing sales teams in order to supplement skills of field account executives.
Services Executives engage in all aspects of driving strategic account growth including: account management, relationship building (both customers and partners), opportunity qualification, problem identification, project/use case definition, demand generation, services positioning, and account strategy. All of these activities are performed in partnership with Appian sales, alliances, and other members of Customer Success, including Customer Success Managers (CSMs).
Why is this role important to Appian?
Services Executives deepen Professional Services involvement and engagement in focus accounts to accelerate growth of both software and services. Services Executives help get customers on a journey with Appian Services and move them up the value hierarchy. The role is essential to generate demand, influence customers, tailor solutions, and drive both sales and value.
As a Services Executives you will:
- Collaborate with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and/or Appian partners to identify, create, define, and drive sales opportunities and collaborate around the account expansion strategy.
- Build relationships with key customer stakeholders, decision makers, and process owners; develop relationships early to begin promoting the Customer Success value proposition
- Engage in opportunity definition and refinement; focus on defining clear measurable business benefits and creating strong business cases to sell value.
- Understand customer’s strategic goals and position Appian technology to meet their goals. Develop an application roadmap with the customer and build a compelling business case to justify the investment.
- Collaborate with Account Executives, Customer Success, and Customers to identify critical customer problems and growth opportunities; use these insights and other tools to generate demand
- Partner with active Customer Success engagements to identify customer problems and opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of all aspects of our clients’ business, including: industry, strategy, business model, financials, competition, ambitions, challenges, and funding priorities.
- Act as a subject matter authority when assisting the sales team in pursuit of new business
- Collaborate with client on pain points and challenges; collaborate to create account journey maps and leverage advisory services that excite and motivate customers to pursue ambitious plans with Appian
- Manage smooth transition from sales to delivery; stay engaged in projects post-sale by participating in initiation phases
Relevant Experiences, Mindset, Traits
- You are proactive and action oriented; you identify and take action to achieve objectives even if the next steps are not clear to others; you do not default to a “respond orientation” when next steps are unclear
- You are a confident, strong communicator; you understand how to tell people things they do not want to hear and can do so in an authentic and likeable manner.
- You are comfortable in large enterprises and not afraid of large numbers
- You are able to quickly understand customers (culture, politics, business challenges, use case, etc.) and perfectly position unique messages and proposals to the context
- You are comfortable learning about Appian so you can position the fit and strengths in the context of a customer project or several projects
- You are able to develop and maintain strategic relationships (stakeholder, buyer, influencer) during the sales cycle
- You have experience creating strategic proposals and creating large scale implementation programs
- You have experience with one or more value selling methods and are exceptional at creating compelling business benefits that can be used in proposals and delivery
- You have experience with Agile project management, especially at scale
- You are willing to travel up to 35%
- Deep knowledge of Solutions Selling and other value selling methods
- Industry expertise in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Manufacturing
- Fluent in business Spanish
- You have prior experience with software consulting (ideally in a ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI)
- Advanced degrees in business, strategy, or the intersection of business and technology
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.