The ideal candidate will have a passion for cyber-security awareness and Compliance Management. In this role the individual will be responsible for driving public sector compliance across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will be will versed in NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (CC SRG), and corresponding public sector compliance requirements. Additionally, this candidate will be well organized and know how to drive goals and objectives to completion. The ability to keep projects on track and maintain updates and roadmaps for reporting purposes. As a key member of the Public Sector team, this individual will be responsible for driving change management process and participating in required audit reviews of the Appian Public Sector offering.
- Develop and maintain Change Control Policy (CCP)
- Change Control Board (CCB) Manager
- Responsible for ensuring engineering teams are aware of compliance requirements
- Validates and communicates all compliance changes to engineering and development teams
- Attend meetings on compliance as it relates to Appian Public Sector Offering
- Serve as project manager for public sector based projects
- Keep leadership informed with regular and concise updates
- Routinely review and revise CCP as needed to maintain compliance and ensure smooth operations of cloud services
- Offer general recommendations around all aspect of Public Sector Compliance Program
- Work Closely with Vulnerability Management to ensure and track findings and remediations
- Aid Appian Trust organization in development of POA&M
- Familiarity with CUI requirements for unclassified IT systems a plus
- Experience in network infrastructure and security best practices
- Experience with network firewalls
- Understanding of Linux operating systems
- Understanding of secure software development lifecycle from coding to deployment
- Responsible for the management and strategy of documentation processes
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to identify and execute process improvement
- Programming Skills in a least one interpreted language (PHP, Ruby, Python,)
- Knowledge of CMMC NIST 800-171
- Experience with Vulnerability management tools (i.e. Tenable, Qualys, Tripwire)
- Advanced understanding of NIST 800-53 and particle implementations, specifically around controls related to Vulnerability Management & Continuous Monitoring.
- Experience with Monthly Continuous Monitoring requirements
- Understanding of Vulnerability Management process and procedures.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.