To meet the growing demand for Appian services globally, Appian is looking for a creative, dynamic, and driven individual to build and lead the Appian Education Services channel strategy - to include internal sales channels as well as an external training partner program. In this unique position you will define and implement a comprehensive GTM strategy to drive demand for Appian training services through global and regional relationships with Appian Sales and Customer Success teams, as well as universities, Appian partners and training companies. This individual will contribute significantly to Appian’s overall success by implementing an innovative and best in class channel program that supports growth of the Appian workforce in the marketplace.
To be successful in this position, you must be an independent self-starter and able to think big – pushing the boundaries of conventional practices on how education services leverage channels to achieve business objectives. In this small team there are opportunities to excel through innovative thinking, collaboration, thoughtful implementation and continuous improvement.
The role requires proven success in education channel or program management, with demonstrated ability to accelerate growth through high value partnerships and relationships. Specific responsibilities include:
- Define, communicate, and implement the GTM strategy to drive consumption of education services, focused on building a large Appian workforce in the market. Develop education services packages and sales strategies to support sales channels. Ensure all sales channels are enabled to have productive conversations with clients.
- Work with Appian Marketing to build required value statements, collateral and social media presence for Appian Education Services.
- Build a global sales and delivery channel of universities, Appian partners, and training companies.
- Understand the latest trends and best practices in how the IT industry is addressing the challenge of filling the IT skills gap, and bring this understanding to defining what is required to address Appian’s unique business requirements.
- Establish strong business relationships with Appian Sales, Customer Success and training partners, managing the day-to-day interactions to build long-term scalable outcomes. Manage formal channel program communications, including regular business reviews with all training partners to support their growth and success.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to further develop channel strategies and processes. Maintain regular stakeholder communications to ensure transparency and stakeholder alignment.
- Develop and communicate Appian Training Partner program policies. Work closely with Appian Training Partners to ensure compliance with these policies.
- Drive event activities at user conferences and other Appian events.
- Maintain an Appian Community presence to raise awareness of Appian Training Partners. Create a strong brand for these partners as Appian authorized and endorsed.
- Work closely with other members of the Education Services team, as well as other Appian teams, to ensure training partner requirements are addressed in course development, operations, and systems support. Work with Appian legal and finance to define and implement required legal and financial agreements.
- 7+ years of experience in training or marketing program management experience, with at least 2+ years’ experience managing training partner programs for a high-tech company.
- Proven ability to develop impactful communications and marketing programs that drive brand awareness and market adoption.
- Experience communicating effectively with executive level leaders, including external leaders in universities, training companies, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, logical approach to planning and implementing projects and addressing roadblocks.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively.
- Must be comfortable coordinating and working in global virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, industrial and Organizational Psychology, Educational Assessment, Instructional Design, or equivalent work experience.
- 10% travel
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.