We are looking for a qualified SEO Specialist to join our growing digital marketing team and support Appian’s overall search engine optimization efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience in content and technical SEO and will be responsible for research, implementation, and helping improve the company’s organic search engine presence.
In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn a lot about SEO and make an impact on demand generation for the business. They will work on both the website content (on-page SEO), as well as assist in link building efforts and outreach (off-page SEO). They will provide technical SEO support, work in a variety of SEO tools and analytics platforms, and execute on content initiatives. This role requires a thoughtful, analytical person who can execute on SEO strategies.
Only considering candidates East Coast Remote or based at HQ in McLean, VA.
About the Job:
- Perform keyword research and competitive analysis to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Execute recommendations for content development in coordination with SEO goals.
- Provide technical SEO support and oversee crawling, indexing, XML sitemap generation & implementation, schema markup, etc.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team (industry / product / partner) to support campaigns and marketing efforts through SEO.
- Provide SEO analysis for websites, blogs, video content, and other organic traffic sources.
- Assist in link building campaigns with other stakeholders in department.
- Keep pace with digital marketing industry trends and developments, specifically around SEO.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
- Communicate to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Use analytics platforms and A/B testing tools to discover visitor behavior and conversion bottlenecks.
- Strong Passion for SEO and digital marketing.
- 2-4 years’ experience doing search engine optimization, preferably in B2B.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with popular SEO tools like: ScreamingFrog, Deep Crawl, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Brightedge, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, STAT Search Analytics.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools like Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics.
- Working knowledge of website wireframing and HTML/CSS.
- Very competent in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and identify and resolve problems.
- High level of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Experience using the CMS Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is preferred.
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) experience is preferred.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.