The Senior Attorney is responsible for the review, negotiation, and drafting of Appian’s contracts as well as handling other legal matters for a fast-growing software company.
This position will be the primary legal resource for Appian’s global sales team and will report to Appian’s General Counsel or a Deputy General Counsel. It requires significant experience negotiating, drafting and analyzing information technology related contracts, such as software licensing and professional consulting services contracts. This person will work with international clients and partners. Before and after regular business hours may also be required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following background and qualities:
- Ability to read critically, write persuasively, and speak fluently.
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial, information technology contracts, in the areas of contract administration, management and negotiation, demonstrating increasing responsibility.
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, and changes in scope.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around contract management strategies.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook and other software products as required.
- Solid business judgment.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Must be able to work on-site at Appian headquarters.
- Software company work experience is preferred.
- Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.