Do you have a passion for prose with a penchant for software and technology? Think your way with words can transform prospects into clients? As an Appian Proposal Manager, you’ll develop proposals and own the nitty-gritty: you love language, but you also live for the details. As a master of cross-functional collaboration, you’re as agile as a developer and as meticulous as a marketer; you’re a steward of the corporate identity through adherence to document templates and branding standards. You’re comfortable working as both an individual contributor and team player.
About the Job:
As an Appian Proposal Manager, with a Top 100 Employer, lead the development of proposals which describe our products and services while collaborating with teams globally. Appian respects work-life balance and weekends are part of proposal planning at Appian. Continuous improvement, efficiencies, and automation are encouraged and provide a unique opportunity to make an impact with a dynamic and growing team. Collaborating with multiple internal departments (Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, Legal, etc.), as well as partner teams, to gather/provide proposal materials is core to success.
Regular activities include:
- Managing the process, providing leadership, and encourages teamwork in directing multi-organizational teams with planning and developing a compliant customer-focused, persuasive and on-brand proposal that comply with RFI/RFP requirements
- Leading and providing guidance to the development of proposal strategies
- Reviewing customer requirements, producing qualifications/requirements matrices, and response templates
- Developing, directing, and driving to critical milestones
- Providing approved content and assisting writers with revisions to content, formatting, editing, and assembling final responses
- Leading, participating, and facilitating content and compliance reviews and incorporating new information and improvements
- Supporting, as needed, other priority proposals and projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of proposal development experience
- Thorough understanding of RFP process
- Self-starter who can manage priorities, meet deadlines, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and with minimal supervision
- Exceptional communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills; both verbally and written
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite including use of styles
- Fluency in more than one language is preferred but not required
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.