Appian is growing and so is our Appian Sites Infrastructure squad! Our team is helping re architect the platform on public, private & hybrid clouds to allow for frequent, predictable and high impact changes. We are looking for brilliant engineering leaders to ensure that our world-class infrastructure is always available, responsive, and capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic and high-powered development team.
About the job
- Perform as a Senior Software Engineer on an agile squad (~75% hands on development), focused in ensuring a delivery team abides by our agile values and practices.
- Cultivate a highly efficient, self-organizing and self-sustaining team.
- Utilize Agile ceremonies and tools to drive improvement of the team.
- Track progress of deliverables and provide status as necessary.
- Mentor and coach team members on agile practices, customizing where necessary.
- Work with other leaders of the department to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify impediments early and help the team find solutions to them quickly.
- Provide feedback to managers on team members’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Golang, or Java
- Familiarity with monitoring and performance tools like Prometheus
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering and trends including CI/CD
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- You are open to work with any programming language paradigm
- Experience designing and building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- You want to work with other passionate engineers who care about innovation, efficiency, and collaboration
- You care about fostering a culture of learning, growth, and career development for software engineers
Preferred Experience: 4+ years of experience as a software engineer on an agile development team; experience with Extreme Programming (XP) and experience as a ScrumMaster are ideal.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.