We’re looking for a Content Writer to produce clear, compelling marketing content at scale. This role will support marketing campaigns by developing original thought leadership content to generate leads, increase engagement, and amplify our campaign messages and goals. The ideal candidate will have proven experience turning technical subject matter into engaging content, knowledge of B2B marketing organizations, and experience in enterprise software.
- Maintain and execute a thought leadership content plan for marketing campaigns, in close collaboration with campaign managers and product/industry marketers.
- Write original content with a focus on thought leadership assets, including eBooks, whitepapers, blog posts, infographics, landing pages, emails, digital ads, and other marketing materials.
- Find new ways to extend and repurpose existing assets to get more mileage out of our content investments.
- Brainstorm new content ideas based on interviews with subject matter experts (both internal and external), competitor campaigns, SEO research, and market trends.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal teams (including creative, branding, social media, email, and digital) as well as external contractors to produce and distribute content.
- Learn and adhere to Appian brand guidelines on style, tone, and voice.
- Conduct regular content audits to refresh outdated content, retire assets, and identify gaps and new opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing Operations team to measure content success and optimize content plans accordingly.
- 3+ years of content marketing, inbound marketing, journalism, or related experience within B2B software.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate many projects and stakeholders simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven writing and editing skills with original bylines/content to support.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment.
- Experience in Google Analytics and SEO preferred.
- Experience with any of these industries preferred: Financial Services, Insurance, Public Sector, Healthcare/Life Sciences, and/or Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.